The 5th meeting of the Global Office’s Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) was held on 28-29 January 2016 at FAO Headquarters in Rome.The SAC kindly welcomed its newest member, Dr. Dalisay “Dax” Maligalig, who is currently an Associate Professor of Statistics at the University of the Philippines Los Baños and previously held the position of Principal Statistician at the Asian Development Bank.
The SAC provided detailed comments and rigorous peer review on the following documents:
- FAO resource book for the compilation of food balance sheets
- Master Sampling Frame Field Test Protocol
- Agricultural and Rural Integrated Survey (AGRIS), Concept Note
- AGRIS Labour Module
- Metadata of the Minimum Set of Core Data
- Draft Guidelines on Measuring Food Consumption
- Draft Field Test Protocol and Literature review for Estimating Horticultural Crops
- Agricultural Typology: Statement of Need and Issues to Consider in Development
In addition, the SAC expressed approval of the work plan of the research component of the Global Office for 2016, and acknowledged the high output rate of the research component.
The next SAC meeting is tentatively scheduled for October 2016.